Our Residents Are Our Why
Preservation Management’s Resident Services program is not a one-size-fits-all approach. That is because we’re dedicated to helping our residents meet their individual goals.
Our Resident Services Coordinators work side by side with our residents, providing connections and referrals to community resources and bringing services and educational programming into our communities. On any given day, here are some things you may find our Resident Services team doing:
- Coordinating a blood pressure screening clinic in the property community room so that residents can receive medical care steps away from the door to their apartment home.
- Assisting a resident with navigating their benefits to receive the assistance they are entitled to.Running an open door food pantry and organizing a commodity box delivery to bring fresh, healthy food options to our residents.
- Working with a local community organization to bring free or low cost after-school programs and summer camps onsite for school-aged children to stay safe and engaged.
- Providing confidential support and connection to resources for individuals looking for an alternative to addiction.
- Facilitating a workshop in the computer learning center to assist residents with job search skills.
- Writing and delivering a newsletter filled with engaging content to build awareness of community resources.
- Reaching out to a resident to help find financial assistance when they are faced with an unforeseen issue impacting their ability to pay rent.
“The Resident Services Coordinator has brought out the best in a lot of people.”
– Rutherford Park Townhouses Resident
“The Resident Services Coordinator is very for the people – very helpful in finding resources.”
– Garden Court Apartments Resident
“The Resident Services Coordinator is great; if there’s an issue with residents she is very valuable with helping resolve and help everyone live together peacefully. Very nice with everyone, very hands on.”
– Orange Village Apartments Resident
“I need help and I finally found someone who can help.”
– Warren Plaza Resident
Both annually and on an ongoing basis, our Resident Services Coordinators focus on specific issues organization-wide where we hope as a company to make an impact. In 2022 and 2023, our focus has been on Mental Health. The isolation, stress, and financial impact of the COVID pandemic have heightened mental health challenges, and the surrounding communities in which we work often lack specialty mental health resources. Our goal as a Resident Services team is to reduce the stigma around talking about mental health issues and to flood our communities with resources and education so that our residents can reach out for help and be well served and supported. Across our senior communities, we also have a focus on exercise – finding ways to help our seniors to keep moving in a way that works for them. In our family communities, our goal is around literacy and bringing quality reading and learning opportunities onsite.
Some of our Resident Services Coordinator positions are funded by a HUD Resident Services grant. PMI manages all aspects of grant program compliance and reporting. Regardless of the source of funding, we conduct thorough Quality Assurance reviews to ensure our programs provide a level of service we can all be proud of.
The offerings of our resident services programs are as diverse as our residents – and that’s what makes them special!