Our Key Services
PMI has provided comprehensive property management service and expertise to a diverse affordable housing portfolio for over three decades. PMI’s portfolio includes over 100 properties, with over 10,000 units in 17 states.
Our four core goals are designed to help foster successful, sustainable communities. We meet these goals through our customized business functions.
Fill the Units
We seek to meet a dual imperative of ensuring that we meet the investment goals for our property owners and our motivation to place eligible residents in safe, high quality, affordable homes.
- Strong commitment to the principles and practices of fair housing
- Creation of engaging marketing materials
- Streamlined unit turnover process, driven by skilled maintenance professionals
- Expert relocation management for properties undergoing renovations
- Timely moves and resident qualification
- Robust referral pipelines from community organizations
Collect the Rent
We seek to achieve a level of rent collection to sustain property operations and to meet our obligations to property owners and residents through consistent communication, program education, and offering diverse payment methods.
- Understand and follow local governance surrounding collections
- Connection to community services offering financial support and education to keep people in their homes
- Detailed lease education to ensure residents understand their rights and obligations
- Variety of payment methods including online portal, check, money order
- Adherence to resident selection plans to ensure that our residents are well-placed to meet the requirements of the lease
Maintain the Asset
We maintain communities that our residents are proud to call home.
- Strong focus on environmental and physical compliance
- Comprehensive routine property inspections to ensure we are achieving standards for our residents, owners, housing agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Implementation of robust preventative maintenance protocols
- Continuous education on protocols to maintain REAC readiness
- Safety embedded as a core company value, including monthly safety meetings at all PMI locations
- National contracts to ensure favorable pricing for services and materials
Be in Compliance
We value our relationships with regulatory agencies and investors and implement industry best practices to ensure we responsibly steward housing resources.
- Centralized compliance department providing approval for all new move ins, education, and file review
- Broad program compliance expertise including Project Based Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Rural Development, and Rental Assistance Demonstration program
- Streamlined generation of high quality GAAP based financial reporting to ensure that audited annual reporting can be delivered in a timely manner to all agencies requiring our audited Financial Statements.
- Highest standards of internal controls for the processing of our financial transactions and reporting.
- Compliance and training support dedicated to EIV compliance
- Preparation of documents to meet owners LIHTC reporting requirements, including Annual Owner Certifications, 8703s, and monthly certifications
- Creation of Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans and ensuring ongoing compliance with the targeting requirements
- Management of HAP contracts and Tax Credit rent maximization to ensure our owners receive maximum rental revenue and meet compliance requirements
- Investment in our team’s ongoing training including external certifications (COS, TCS, C3P) and internal resources (PMI University and ongoing training calendar)
Learn more about how we can impact your community today
We share our commitment to quality affordable housing with our affiliate, Evergreen Partners. They are a real estate development company focused on the acquisition, re-development, and long-term ownership of affordable rental housing. Evergreen’s principals are owners and Board Members of Preservation Management, Inc (PMI). Please visit Evergreen Partners website at Evergreen Partners Housing Specialists to learn more about the company.
For more information or to discuss a management proposal, please contact Christine Jenkinson, President and CEO at 207-774-0501 x 6950 or email@example.com.